In today’s society, we’re sort of (REALLY!) obsessed with sharing every detail of our lives on social media. From family firsts to nighttime bubble baths, and everything in between…..it can seem overwhelming at times, right? Now don’t get me wrong, I LOVE social media, but I do think it needs to be used with boundaries, for the right reasons, AND in moderation.
Remember, if you’re new here or on the go today, be sure to listen in to today’s blog post via audio format (and for some extra helpful tidbits!) on The Blossoming Mommy and Baby Show on your podcast app OR listen in from your computer here!! Every Monday I like to share a review from the show and this week’s review is so FUN!
So what does this have to do with creating a family mission statement? EVERYTHING! Now more than ever, it’s absolutely vital that we are taking time to refocus our energy and attention from the online world back into the hearts’ of our HOMES.
I’M OBSESSED with teaching you Mommas how to learn and implement all things modern homemaking; so if you find yourself struggling with this area of your life, you’re in for a treat today! I’ll be sharing why and how the key to a happy, healthy home really comes down to the core values and mission of your family. This is why it’s SO important for you to sit down with your husband and children to discuss and CREATE Your Family Mission Statement!
When creating your mission statement, simply ask yourself these questions. Answer them by writing or typing out your agreed upon responses. At the end of today’s blog post and podcast episode, I’ll show you exactly how to create your mission statement in one-two sentences, which can then be printed or carved onto a fun art or decor piece to add a powerful touch to your living space for the years to come!
- What is my family’s purpose?
- Why is your family here? What has God placed on your heart? What are your unique talents and skills? What blessings has God given you to share with others? Finances? The gift of hosting? Encouragement? Opening your home to those around you?
- What is something we can work towards that is bigger than ourselves?
- Who can you serve? What is your mission BEYOND the four walls of your home? What difference can you make in your community? With neighbors? Friends?
- What skills can we model and teach our children?
- Kindess, Love, Compassion, Serving, Friendliness, Hard Work, Confidence, Following Your God Given Dreams….
- What do we want to achieve together?
- How can we change the world? How can we experience LIFE to its fullest? How do we LIVE INTENTIONALLY?
Now, once you have answered these 4 bullet points, fill in the template below or tweak it to make the structure fit YOUR style.
We are the __________ Family. Our purpose is to __________ and ___________. Inside our home, we believe ____________. We strive to ________ and ____________. We work _____________. Together, we will achieve _________________.
Mommas, if we don’t LIVE WITH INTENTION, the world will teach us to do otherwise and society will become our dictator in how we live and experience life. Please remember how important it is to protect your family not only with a mission statement (this will give you guys a sense of direction and purpose to strive towards!) BUT ALSO with the daily act of reaching for intentionality day in and day out. When you do this, you are truly living the Blossoming Mommy and Baby Way!
REMEMBER- you can listen in to today’s blog post audibly on The Blossoming Mommy and Baby Show on your podcast app. And.. if you’d like to dive deeper into the services offered here at BMAB from Momma Health to pregnancy prep, healthy recipes and everything in between, please scroll at your leisure with a cozy cup of coffee HEREand of course, come hang out with me and the crew inside our private FB group here. Until next time…Love you Mommas. Mean it.